I'm sure everyone know that I am running my first marathon at Walt Disney World in January with Team in Training. I've been fundraising for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. This year I've been struggling more with the fundraising aspect of the program. The other week when I was at the LLS office for an event I came to the realization that I have another awesome prize that I can give away! So here it is...
For every $25 donation I receive between December 1 and December 31, the donor will receive one entry for a chance to win a 4-night stay at a Disney Vacation Club resort. Please see the rules below for more details. To make a donation please go to my TNT home page. When you make the donation, leave a comment that you want to be entered for a chance to win the stay. The drawing will be held on January 1 and the winner will be announced on this blog, my running blog, my TNT page and my Facebook page.
The make a donation go here: My TNT page
Here are the rules:
1) Each $25 donation is good for one (1) entry for a chance to win a 4-night stay at a Walt Disney World Disney Vacation Club (DVC) resort (Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Disney's Beach Club Villas, Disney's Bay Lake Tower, Disney's Boardwalk Villas, Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, or Disney's Villas at the Wilderness Lodge).
2) There is no limit to the number of donations that can be made.
3) The winner will receive 4 nights in a DVC studio room (maximum occupancy of 4 people)
4) Stay is good for 4 consecutive nights Sunday through Thursday.
5) Resort choice is limited to available resorts at time of booking with DVC Member Services.
6) Travel must be booked by June 1, 2011.
7) Travel must be completed by November 30, 2011.
8) Reservation DOES NOT include Park Admission.
9) Reservation DOES NOT include airfare.
10) Winner is responsible for any charges made to the room by the winner or the winner's guest during the stay.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
When I was in WDW for the Princess Half Marathon in March I had the opportunity to attend the Tent Fest event held by the guys over at the WDW Today podcast. I also the opportunity to meet Len Testa (of Unofficial Guide fame) and Henry Work (the web developer for touringplans.com). I had already been following Len and Henry on Twitter and I had the opportunity to meet many of the other listeners of the show.
At the first night of Tent Fest I think I just about doubled the people I was following on Twitter. I ran into the group throughout the weekend, including seeing everyone at the Odyssey Event. I could go through the whole list of people I met, but I'm sure many of them will be appearing in future posts (I have become good friends with all of them and don't want to sound like I'm dropping names in the Disney online community).
After finishing the Princess Half, I hopped on twitter to check in with everyone and see what was happening before I headed over to Len's Cava de Tequilla meet. It was then that I saw that a group of people from Tent Fest, including Henry were in the midst of attempting the first ever Ultimate Animal Kingdom Touring Plan. You can read about it in Kidanikatie's blog post on the Touring Plans website!
I saw them all at Len's meet and after hearing a bit about their day (which was complete minus the Jammin' Jungle Parade), I came up with a plan!
I was going to attempt the Ultimate Animal Kingdom Touring Plan.
And I was going to finish it!