Friday, February 19, 2010

WDW Marathon weekend with Team in Training! Day 3 Part 1, January 9, 2010

My alarm went off at 2:15. We were required to meet at 2:45 so that we could be on the first buses over to the race. If I were traveling on my own, I probably would have slept until 3 am and tried to get on a bus around 3:30 or 3:45. I got some pictures while we we waiting for the bus:

I really wish this picture came out better. I didn't tell the person taking it how to use the focus on the camera. Whoops!

Once we got on the bus it was a quick ride over to Epcot. The buses stopped somewhere out in the parking lots and we had a pretty far walk just to get to the holding area. The music was blaring and we were all struggling to get warm or at least not get colder. I shared a towel with one of my teammates and we leaned up against each other. I was hoping I would fall asleep and get a bit more rest, but that didn't happen.

We made our way over to the starting lines after what seemed like forever trying to get through the bag check. I was in Corral G. I think if I had registered on my own I would have been in a higher corral as I saw many people online with similar finish times and lower bib numbers.

Once we got to the corrals, we waited,

And waited
and waited 

OOOooh fireworks!


And then we got a little bit closer...

And finally, about 25 minutes later, we found the start line

I took pictures along the way, but I wasn't stopping for anything so none of them came out clear.  I stayed with my coach for the first 5k.

I saw this before my coach left:

And then I was on my own...

1 comment:

  1. It was definitely cold! I didn't understand having everyone go through the bag check areas - it was just confusing and caused people to push and shove and wait in unnecesary lines.

    I started back in Corral G too - even though I was in a higher corral I waited with my running buddies and it was quite a trek just to get to the starting line.

    At least you tried to take some pictures. I didn't even try. I wouldn't have been able to push the buttons my hands were so cold :)!