Friday, February 19, 2010

WDW Marathon weekend with Team in Training! Day 3 Part 1, January 9, 2010

My alarm went off at 2:15. We were required to meet at 2:45 so that we could be on the first buses over to the race. If I were traveling on my own, I probably would have slept until 3 am and tried to get on a bus around 3:30 or 3:45. I got some pictures while we we waiting for the bus:



I really wish this picture came out better. I didn't tell the person taking it how to use the focus on the camera. Whoops!





Once we got on the bus it was a quick ride over to Epcot. The buses stopped somewhere out in the parking lots and we had a pretty far walk just to get to the holding area. The music was blaring and we were all struggling to get warm or at least not get colder. I shared a towel with one of my teammates and we leaned up against each other. I was hoping I would fall asleep and get a bit more rest, but that didn't happen.

We made our way over to the starting lines after what seemed like forever trying to get through the bag check. I was in Corral G. I think if I had registered on my own I would have been in a higher corral as I saw many people online with similar finish times and lower bib numbers.

Once we got to the corrals, we waited,


















And waited
 
and waited 
and

OOOooh fireworks!

 

And then we got a little bit closer...

And finally, about 25 minutes later, we found the start line


I took pictures along the way, but I wasn't stopping for anything so none of them came out clear.  I stayed with my coach for the first 5k.

I saw this before my coach left:


And then I was on my own...

1 comment:

  1. It was definitely cold! I didn't understand having everyone go through the bag check areas - it was just confusing and caused people to push and shove and wait in unnecesary lines.

    I started back in Corral G too - even though I was in a higher corral I waited with my running buddies and it was quite a trek just to get to the starting line.

    At least you tried to take some pictures. I didn't even try. I wouldn't have been able to push the buttons my hands were so cold :)!

    ReplyDelete