Thursday, March 18, 2010

Heading through the Magic Kingdom!

So I left my coach around the 5K mark just after going to the gates to the Magic Kingdom.  I wasn't alone for too long though when I saw another coach from the Lehigh Valley chapter around mile 4 and he went with me into the Magic Kingdom.  But first I saw the place I was really looking forward to visiting:


Bay Lake Tower!

I couldn't wait until the day that I could stay there.  I couldn't spend too much time dreaming about it though because soon I saw my next mile marker.



I was doing okay with my time but I wanted to keep moving and get myself to the castle.  It was somewhere around here that I decided to get ride of my poncho.  I was really enjoying the race despite the rain and freezing temps and I felt like I was pretty warm after the first 5 miles. 

We made it past the Contemporary and then headed backstage and onto Main Street.  Surprisingly, it was the first time I had entered the Magic Kingdom during the trip.  I tried to take some pictures along the way but my fingers were cold and I didn't want to slow down until I got to the castle.  I kept snapping pictures along the way and these are some of the best ones:





I made it through Tomorrowland and into Fantasyland and I heard the trumpeters as I made my way behind the castle.  Before I knew, this was the sight in front of me:


I snapped that picture and then quickly made my way down the ramps to get the picture I had been dreaming about for the last year.  I did get my picture with the full castle behind me.  There was a short wait.  I think they should have had two photographers there so that people didn't have to wait too long.

I then promptly started heading out of the Magic Kingdom since I have another goal to make.  I wanted to beat my time from the Philadelphia Distance Run.  I didn't stop, but kept snapping pictures on my way out:




I grabbed some water and then it was back out to the roads!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun that first six miles. Reading it brings back the memories for sure. I love Disney races!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Will you be running it again this year? I am! It will be my first one :)

    ReplyDelete