Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Marathon Day!!! Sunday, January 10, 2010

My original plan was to get up with my roommate and go with the team to the start line, then run from the start line over to the Magic Kingdom or over to the Ticket and Transportation Center and the Polynesian.  I was so exhausted from the late dinner and walking around the parks after my race that I decided to sleep in a little bit and meet everyone at one of the parks later in the race.

I think I ended up getting up around 8.  That's pretty darn late for a Disney day for me!  I took my time getting ready then made my way over to get some coffee to warm up and wake up some more.  I even took my time getting over to get the coffee and I meandered around the resort and found the Dig Site pool.  Unfortunately, it was still way too cold to take advantage of it.



Eventually I made it over to get my coffee...


Looking at the time I figured it was best to make my way over to the Studios since everyone would be almost at, or through, Animal Kingdom by then.

I saw this as soon as I got there:



I made my way over to the friendship boats and caught the one that was waiting for me.  I sat down inside, but quickly realized that I would be able to get better pictures if I stand at the back of the boat.

Here's some shots that I got:




When the boat got to the Swan/Dolphin dock, I decided to get off there and walk the rest of the way!

To be continued...






3 comments:

  1. I hear you about getting a little later start...Looks like a good way to get around though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an amazing place to run. Running in that place is very nice. Love it!!!

    brooks beast

    ReplyDelete