Monday, January 25, 2010

WDW Marathon weekend with Team in Training! Day 2, January 8, 2010

I set my alarm early and managed to get out of bed quickly. I had the grand plan of actually doing my hair before going to the parks (no ponytail for me!). I got ready, packed my bad and headed out to the bus stop. My destination for the morning was DHS. The bus was pulling up as I made my way to the stop! Woohoo!

I hopped on the bus and started checking Facebook and Twitter. One of the first things I saw on Facebook was something about a free ride along for Passholders at the Richard Petty Driving Experience. How cool does that sound? I found the phone number and confirmed the offer and no reservations were necessary! I planned to go on the big rides before finding my way over to the speedway.

For the first time ever, I made it to a park in time for rope drop! They were recruiting for the American Idol show and doing some filming for the promos.





After waiting for a while, we were finally let into the park:



I got all the way up to the rope! We didn't have too long to wait before the show started. I got some pictures:









After the show, I started heading with the group towards Toy Story Mania.





The entire way I was debating with myself whether I would go straight on the ride or grab fastpasses and then hop in line. I decided on the fastpass. Of course when I turned around, the standby line was 30 minutes. So I made my way out of there and headed over to my other favorite rides.

When I got to Rock & Roller Coaster, I think the wait time said 10 minutes, but I walked right into the recording studio. The agent was just ordering us our limo so I didn't even have to wait around too long for that!

Here's the lucky people who got to go to the concert before me:



I made it to the concert on time and then headed over to this place:



Yup! I took a chance with one more ride on the Tower of Terror!

After that it was time to get something to eat, so I stopped at Starring Rolls, caught the end of the High School Musical show and sat down to enjoy my cinnamon roll and OJ. I saw some character lining up so I finished and got in line for some pictures:




Once I was done with my pictures I made my way over to Toy Story Mania to use my fastpasses. I saw some cool stuff along the way, but that will have to wait until my next update!

1 comment: